Thursday, June 19, 2008

The End of an Era....I'm Ready

Lifting hands in song and dance
Humbled by the glory of the cross
We’ve been redeemed and reconciled
Caught up in the splendor of it all
Eternal life You gave
So we will bring song of praise

How wonderful
How lovely is Your name
You captivate our hearts
You save us by Your grace

God of mercy, God of love
How we marvel at Your majesty
As we kneel before Your holy throne
In the beauty of Your mystery
We are children of the King
Father, of Your love we sing

And You are
Closer than a brother, Jesus
Closer than a brother, Jesus
Oh, the name of Jesus
- Leeland


This is the song that played as I exited Crestwood for the final day of classes, and yes, I got a little teary. If you hear the song, you would too. Leeland just has one of those voices that brings tears to your eyes, along with the music as well. This song definately holds a special place in my heart now.
So as you can guess, I have finished High School classes. I didn't have an exam today, which means I do the next 3 weekdays, but it should be all good. I have English tomorrow, but I have kind of given up on that as you can't really study for English. I'll check over my stuff soon. Monday is the big one, History, and Tuesday is Chem.
I must say, I didn't expect to be as sad as I am. High School definately wasn't one of the best experiences of my life, as most times it was hard, depressing or I felt like I didn't fit into that world. But for some reason, as the bell rang signifying the end of final lunch and a bunch of people started to cry, I realized the significance of it. They say you will never see 95% of the people you went to High School with again (although most of them I wouldn't want to). All that I have known since kindergarten is gone, and its like I'm Starting over (cue Audio A). A brand new, scary, time is ahead of me, and I couldn't feel more ready. Although I know I am not ready for University quite yet, I am ready to begin a new phase of my life. I am ready to take that jump. I am ready to enter a world of the unknown and find a whole new world, that's waiting for me. I'm ready.. for change, and to find out who I really am.

Peace out,
Emily


No comments: